An MDB reader sent me this today, and it really broke my heart. Read below:
Moji, on 30th of November 2015, I witnessed one of the saddest things in my life. The incident happened on Billings way, Oregun Lagos.
4 young people, two guys and two ladies were in a car, a Nissan Sentra when suddenly the guy who drove swerved off the road.
All of a sudden there was smoke inside the car and hard as the car occupants tried, they couldn’t get out. The car had developed an electrical fault that shut all the doors permanently and before we passerby could break the windows to help them it was too late. By the time we managed to break the glass at the back and on the driver’s side it was too late. The two ladies had given up the ghost and were already foaming from the mouth. The guy in the passenger seat seemed to have already given up the ghost too, but the driver was still gasping. People called 767 for Ambulance and they arrived on time. By the time the arrived however, the driver had given up the ghost too. All these happened under 15 minutes o, the passengers of the car died under 10 minutes before we could even break the windows.
The Ambulance took the bodies away and the Police later towed the Nissan Sentra to the Oregun Police station. Before now, I have always found it hard to believe that people died from generator fumes but I witnessed this my self and it was really sad. The victims were all well dressed and may have been coming from work or something. I don’t know what year it is but the Nissan Sentra is a very recent model not later than 2009 from my guess. It was a very sad incident and may God rest their souls, Amen.
What really could have gone wrong with the car? Factory defect? Negligence of some sort? This is just sad. May God rest their souls, Amen.