Photos From Governors Ganduje And Ajimobi’s Children’s Wedding With President Buhari In Attendance
Nigeria’s President Muhammad Buhari , arrived Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport few hours ago, for the wedding Fatiha of Fatima Abdullahi Umar Gandujeand Idris Abiola Ajimobi.
Fatima is the daughter of Kano state Governor Umar Ganduje, while Idris is the son of Oyo state governor; Abiola Ajimobi, and their wedding Fatiha took place in Kano Central Mosque. Here are photos below;
The national leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Tunubu, was also among the dignitaries who arrived Kano today, for the wedding ceremony between the daughter of Governor Umar Ganduje, Fatima, and the son of Governor Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo state, Idris.
Premium Times reported that the President sought Fatima’s hand on behalf of the groom’s family, from the ‘guardian of the bride’, Bola Tinubu.
Sources claimed that the sum of N50,000 was paid by the president as dowry; after which, the union was formalized by the Emir of Kano, Muhammad Sanusi II.
President Buhari reportedly headed back to Abuja immediately after the wedding. It was also gathered that 20 state governors; including the chairman of the Nigerian Governors Forum, Abdulaziz Yari, arrived Kano for the event. Here are more photos from the ceremony below;
Here are interesting facts about the couple:
- Beautiful Fatima studied International and Comparative Politics and graduated with a First Class from the American University of Nigeria.
- She is a human rights activist who founded ‘Let’s Talk Humanity’, a non-governmental organization which focuses on providing education to children, disabled and impaired.
- The 23-year-old beau once led a Nigerian delegation to the United Nations (UN) for a Youth leadership summit.
- Dashing 29-year-old Abolaji Abiola Ajibola is a Management Consultant with a United Kingdom firm.
- He studied international relations and business management at king’s College London and Staffordshire University respectively
- The dashing gent loves children, human rights, politics and poverty alleviation