Fire Guts Army Headquarters In Abuja
Brigadier General Mohammed Yerimah, Nigerian Army Director of Public Relations, announced this in a statement.
He attributed the cause of the inferno to faulty electrical installations.
Yerimah, however, said Nigerian Army Fire Service Department has since put out the fire and no casualty was recorded during the incident.
The statement read;
Electrical fault sparked a minor fire incident at the Army Headquarters Complex, Abuja, Tuesday morning.
The incident which happened at about 10.15am was as a result of minor electrical fault in one of the offices.
The Army Headquarters complex is currently undergoing some renovation involving electrical rework.
The Nigerian Army Fire Service Department has since put out the fire. No casualty was recorded during the incident and normalcy has since returned to the complex.